Sexuality Q/A & Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conversations: What NOT to say on a first date?

2 posters

Go down

Conversations: What NOT to say on a first date? Empty Conversations: What NOT to say on a first date?

Post  LittleFury Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:38 am

What horrible conversations or topics have you or others you know experienced during a first date?

LittleFury

Back to top Go down

Conversations: What NOT to say on a first date? Empty Re: Conversations: What NOT to say on a first date?

Post  bethechange Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:17 pm

I think talking about your ex on the first date is kind of a mistake. This is a possible new relationship, don't dwell on the old one. If you are asked you shouldn't bad mouth your ex but you should keep it short and sweet. Or, say that you would rather discuss that later and are interested in getting to know him/her at the moment. But in a nice way.

I've been on dates before where the guy kept talking about his ex and how awful she was. I was thinking "okay, I get that she was awful. You broke up for a reason" and "Wow, if he talks like that about her, I wonder what he'd think about me?"

So keep it short, sweet, or just state you would rather talk about it at a later date.

bethechange

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum